Monday, August 23, 2010

Fortune's a Callin'

I can't find a reason
I can't figure out why
We have been together many a season,
But truth be told, I cannot lie.

You are here, in my mind
Always haunting all my thinks
And yet I seem not to mind
You pour out of me, through every chink

I can't get rid of you, there is no way out
You'll always be there, right inside of me
I can hear you although you seem to shout
But please, will you let me see?

I want you gone, I want you back in the air
I can't agree to your wantings any more
Find someone else, I think it is quite fair
Leave me alone on some empty shore

You're time has come, it's time to go
Pack up your things, get out that door
From now on I consider you my foe
You won't find me crying on the floor

The day is set, no more tears from my eyes
The time is now, not another moment
I tell you what I say are not lies
And do not believe that I will relent

I say you're gone I say it loud and clear
Now tuck your tail between your feet
With you gone I have nothing to fear
And never again will we meet.

No more will you cut into me like a knife
Now begone, loneliness I have to live to my life
Without you ruining every step of the way
I can live freely every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment