Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Then poetry kicks in....

There's something I'm hiding within the folds of my skirt
And don't ask about it that way, I'm not that much of a flirt
It's always hidden within me
This special key
It doesn't unlock just anything dont ya know
But I dont keep it just for show
I keep it hidden I keep it safe
It not something that besides my skin, chafe
It's softer than that
When you say 'tit for tat'
Its a bit of both, of the well known phrase
Sometimes, it makes me walk around in a daze
For my entire life it is something I will cherish
It's not something that over time will perish
It will live on forever in and outside of my heart
And only a few in this memory will ever hold a part
This is my life
      This key
             This phrase
                    This memory
                           This cherished thought

If you know the name of my piece of bliss
    Then you know that it is you that I miss

No comments:

Post a Comment